No announcement yet.

Where do i get comfrey???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine from ebay a few weeks ago. They are now growing away in pots, and will go up the far end of the garden.They are the Bocking14, and with p&p were around a fiver for 5 roots. Good growing instructions and harvesting tips, and really well packed. Came in 2 days.
    Last edited by cupcake; 10-04-2009, 08:12 AM.
    Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post

Now, although mine didn't flower as I moved it mid summer....I am finding it all over the place, around the edges of the plot and elsewhere. So it must have been hiding from me all last year.
      You didn't get bocking14 then.

When I first got mine I wish I had set up a line of plants properly and rooted as many as I could, I only set out two plants and have been taking roots from them since, but they take a couple of years to establish properly.
      If I was starting again, I would try for 10 plants in a close row, about half to 3/4 of a metre apart.
      Last edited by womble; 10-04-2009, 08:04 AM.
      "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
        You didn't get bocking14 then.

When I first got mine I wish I had set up a line of plants properly and rooted as many as I could, I only set out two plants and have been taking roots from them since, but they take a couple of years to establish properly.
        If I was starting again, I would try for 10 plants in a close row, about half to 3/4 of a metre apart.
        No, I did - these other growths aren't from my comfrey....as I said mine didn't flower as I moved them mid season...and they are around the place, not on my plot - around it and in the hedgerows.

Comment

No, I did - these other growths aren't from my comfrey....as I said mine didn't flower as I moved them mid season...and they are around the place, not on my plot - around it and in the hedgerows.
          All my comfey is growing in a large clump at the mo but becaise it's quite architectural I think I may split it up and dot it randomely around the plot on my new quest for 'randomness'
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Oh its wild comfrey, I once picked a whole load of that and put it on the garden, maybe it was flowering, because next year I got loads of plants coming up all over the bloody place, I was still digging them up 5 years later
            "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              All my comfey is growing in a large clump at the mo but becaise it's quite architectural I think I may split it up and dot it randomely around the plot on my new quest for 'randomness'
              I've got a makeshift compost heap at the top of the plot, so mine is planted along the underside...if the whole bed went over to comfrey I wouldn't be displeased, as it is also rife with nettles so I can cut them for my teas at the same time.

Comment

I've just ordered some from Suffolk herbs, I think it was £3 odd for 5 plants (bocking 14) I also ordered a little book on how to use it for £1:50 all seemed a reasonable price to me.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X