peppery problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peppery problem

i went on hol for two weeks when i left i had awonderful sweet pepper plant [como di torro rosso] when i returned the leaves looked all limp and the fruits all wrinkly one had a small hole in the end of it looked like a catterpiller was making a cocoon in it the plant was looked after every day could it have been a result of overwatering or not enough ventilation help please

It sounds like a tomato moth caterpillar, i have had a few attacks on my chilli peppers. There's not much you can do unfortunately - spraying with derris will kill the blighters but won't necessarily prevent further attack from new arrivals. Its something i've leared to live with.

I don't think changing the ventilation will help and its nothing to do with overwatering. For future years you could try netting over the door and windows with a fine mesh to keep them out (this would also keep whitefly and aphids out too!
    There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
    Happy Gardening!

Comment

thanks PROTEA would one affected fruit kill whole plant i did defoiliate as with toms maybe to much i think

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X