Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What veg seeds have you bought from Lidl?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GardeningMike View Post
    Sow seeds indoors in early to mid-April, in fibre pots then transplant two per 20 Litre pot (your 12" pots approx) outdoors with thermal protection till around mid to end-May. I train mine vertically up strings/wires/bamboos on our patio. It's an all female F1 which makes life simpler for fruit set. Got first fruit during June. From time of first flowering started giving a half-strength liquid tomato fertilizer feed (I used Tomorite but there are cheaper versions) with every watering. Pots were mulched. Don't let pot saucers dry out in dry spells - water generously till saucer overflow. No need to pinch out main shoot apex - jut leave vines to grow vertically (but you'll need to nurture this a bit) - mine were around 2.5 metres by end of season. Last 2 years they've consistently given between 30 to 60 mini cucumbers (delicious for fresh salads) per plant or 3.5 to around 4.5 Kilos per plant, fruiting from June to October. Appears to be a robust cucumber variety, very good disease resistance and more tolerant to cooler temperatures than other cucumber varieties.
    Thanks for the advice.

Only just managed to check all my postings.

Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X