No announcement yet.

Sunflower seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just bumping the thread as i would love to know more about eating the greens off sunflowers. Just planted mine out yesterday xx

Comment

Yeah I'd love to know more about eating the greens too. I'm growing sunflowers for the first time this year. I always used to plant them when I was little, I'd pick them out of the hamsters food and plant those, but they never grew properly - got some proper ones this year though from Netto, 19p! Couldn't believe how cheap
      http://ecoprincess.blogspot.com

Comment

Sunflower seeds -black oil - for microgreens question

Originally posted by Jenegade View Post
        I had a google and I couldn't find anything saying that any weren't edible. So I'm pretty sure it's ok to eat any of them - if the birds don't get there first!
        Sorry, new to this sight and comp. also. Not sure I am writing in correct place.
        I am growing black oil sunflowers as micro greens. Great to do this in the winter. Anyway my question is can I plant these seeds in my outdoor garden when the weather is better and grow it for seeds to plant for next winter. Will these seeds end up growing seeds? For microgreens you only grow it for 10 to 14 days and then harvest it. Supposed to be very healthy. Seeds are no gmo I think and 5 pounds kind of expensive. You use alot of seeds for microgreens. Thanks for your reply

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X