onions sets from t&m anyone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evening everyone back online

first, sarzwix they were mixed red, white and brown. red baron, snowball and abs 101.

second. sweepster i sent for the gw £1.99 for 10 offer but only got 5 packs. been promised the rest but still no sign. they could have put them in with the onions but as said they may come direct from supplier.

i found this website quite useful.

Tomato seed prices compared
    Last edited by greendean; 21-03-2009, 10:08 PM.
    above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

I planted my 2 lots of golden ball sets from T & M yesterday, and every one was fine, but I do have 3 bags of other varieties still to arrive, so can't relax just yet.

Greendean, did you complain to T & M about them? Sarz's response, with photo's, sounds worth doing (I'd never be that organised ) - they need to be told that they're sending out sub-standard stuff, and, as been said, it isn't cheap. (I ordered all my sets with a £10 voucher that I got from GYO).
      Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

My red, white and browns arrived from T&M on friday, there were only 7 reds and several mouldy sets. Will give them a call next week when I'm back off nights.
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

T&M's customer service is rubbish!! Bought elephant garlic from them last year and third of the cloves were mouldy. I complained, got passed around departments, and then got a voucher for £2. Really not worth the effort! I have a Dobies around the corner, who still aren't cheap but have a great range, good quality and I don't have to pay postage! Think I'll be using them apart from the obscure seeds etc.

Comment

your collective experience is putting me off buying online again,think T&M have got a spot of customer relations jobs to do!

Comment

My orders with T&M have always been prompt. Potatoes and onion sets have been variable quality with a small portion of each usually being discarded.
              I'm tempted in future years to buy seed potatoes from a local garden centre and to grow onions from seed, as I've had problems with whole sets bolting.
              Last edited by Basher; 22-03-2009, 11:28 AM. Reason: missed a word!

Comment

I have posted my experiences with T and M before.last problem i had was when i finally got an answerto my question was stuttgarter onoins would be despatched when the labels were back from the printers.Wilko had had them on the shelf for ages so i had already bought from them.Traded the t and m ones with a friend for some onions as i had eaten all of mine already.The t and m onions had sprouted and one or two were rotten,but previous onions i had from the same order were fine.
                a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

i have sent them an email which was polite but firm. an automated email was the reply so i will see what happens on monday. i won't be ordering from them again.

p.s i have a 10% off voucher from them valid til june. any takers? first to pm can have it.
                  above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

Planted my T&M reds today Hyred F1 (not Red Baron as mentioned earlier), it was supposed to be approx 50 quantity, there was one slighty soft one out the 75 so am pleased.
                    I have only once contacted T&M and that was about 3 x Jacobs Ladders that looked DOA, the lady who answered was nice and polite and asked if I wanted my money back or 3 new plants, I opted for the plants and they arrived promptly.

Comment

I ordered the mixed bag of onion sets from T&M, they arrived at the end of January and were very poor quality. I had to plant early or I would have lost the lot. Some have survived and I have some green shoots. Also had the same promblem with the 1.99 offer, got the additional missing seeds but not impressed as they still owe me for seeds that were out of stock. I don't think I will order from them again as our local garden centre had onion sets at reasonable prices the same as wilko's.
                      http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

good news

finally got my seeds which to be fair are all good ones. well done t&m

now where shall i put them?

Comment

What did you get GD, I just posted on the Top Tips thread. I received:

Sunflower - Pastiche
                          Pumpkin - Hooligan
                          Lettuce - Lollo Rossa
                          Lemon Balm
                          Carrot - Tendersnax
                          Beetroot - Cylindra
                          Wild Flower - Teasel
                          Wildflower - Cornflower Blue Diadem
                          Poppy - Flanders
                          Cabbage - Tundra

Comment

I've got mine too! Bizarre! (do they read this thread?)

The same as yours, except no pumpkin, and:
                            Cabbage Negra
                            Rocket
                            Tomato Harbinger

ooooh that makes eleven!!!

Comment

[QUOTEooooh that makes eleven!!! [/QUOTE

Yaaaay!

Comment

My red barron onion set is frine from them. I will admit seed order took 3 weeks and 1 of my seed potatoes was substited

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X