Going to be growing these this year

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,

i'm growing these too, can't wait! I got some yellow carrots from the real seeds site and some red samurai carrots from suttons too, so i'll have the whole carrot rainbow (along with regular orange carrots too for good measure).

Margaret

Comment

I've only got boring orange ones to sow but I'm going multicoloured with loads of other stuff
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Have you seen the Jamie Oliver show where he talks about growing carrots? He says the seeds he buys are a mixed pack - all different colours. That seems pretty cool, you never know what you're going to get! His sowing method is a little, ahem, weird though, he dollops hundreds of seeds into a tiny space. As casually cool as his cooking!

Comment

Originally posted by magz.mccarthy View Post
          Have you seen the Jamie Oliver show where he talks about growing carrots?... His sowing method is a little, ahem, weird though, he dollops hundreds of seeds into a tiny space. As casually cool as his cooking!
          Yeah, but he has got a gardener who probably tidies up his mistakes!

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
            The story goes that all carrots were purple until the Dutch decided to breed them orange as a tribute to the House of Orange. I don't know if it's true or an urban myth, but it sounds good
            It seems there is some truth in this story

Carrot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over
            here, looking through your stuff.

http://mustardveggie.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X