No announcement yet.

REALLY lazy gardening

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I estimate it costs me slightly over .30 cents (USD) to grow a head of lettuce. That includes the cost of the lights and nutrients. I get to choose the variety also.
    Deer's tongue, Brune D'Hiver, Gentilina and Sanguine Ameliore lettuce entering the vegetative stage of growth. It also keeps me out of the wife's way during the winter...
    No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, no culture comparable to that of the garden. But though an old man, I am but a young gardener. - Thomas Jeffereson

http://hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/

Comment

Enviro mesh is made from a sort of plastic and is very hard wearing. I even put mine in the washing machine if it gets to dirty and it comes up a treat. Estimate it will last at least 10 years. I'm lucky if I can get fleece to last two seasons. Would love to give the seed mats a go but as most people say it is rather expensive. Nice looking lettuce hydrogardener.

Ian

Comment

I asked about the fleece/enviromesh for two reasons:

1. I am a green numpty first year growing, I dont know my but from my elbow let alone my fleece from my mesh

2. I have some free fleece from Ma in law

Going to make some protection for my raised beds. I found a hooooge caterpillar on the front garden flowers yesterday! I also need to keep that flamin cat off!

I will probably go for the enviromesh if it lasts longer. Just need to find a cheap supplier, any tips?
        I dont think I will go for the lazy mat approach I am having FAR too much fun throwing compost around my living room
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I got some "enviromesh " from the local nursery this week. (the woman didn't know what it was! called it mosquito netting but as she gave me an extra 12" I wasn't going to correct her!) Sold on a roll 1 metre wide, £2 a metre. I shall keep the dratted cabbage whites of my brassicas this year! I also got fleece and wigwam cane holders from Wilcos at half price last back end.
          Last edited by cupcake; 28-02-2009, 03:22 PM.
          Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

I have just ordered some from Harrods Horticulture. Getting really excited now. Sad aint it?
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by Claire72 View Post
              hmmmm!!!!!
              it does look tempting, until you see the price!!!
              OUCH... I know what you mean.
              I wounder if it would save you money though?
              I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X