No announcement yet.

just growing for you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread everyone, lots of useful info for my first proper year. Growing for myself, wife and baby and hope to eat as much of it fresh as we can from my small plot.

Eyren, great list there! Going to print it out and tape it to the lid of my seed box!

Comment

Just growing for me and my dog, (but he doesnt like fruit and veg!)
      Its a matter of knowing what you like, when they are in season, and then the quantities (which is the hard bit), and plan accordingly.
      I am still learning, but hope to have mastered it before I die.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I just grow as much as I can - even though we've a big garden, I've never managed to grow everything we need in the veg line. I think I should be doing a lot better - years ago, when we had a tiny garden, not much bigger than a sofa, I think I grew more in proportion than I do now.
        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Growing for hubby and myself, also give to my2 married kids for their lot.

Make jam every year from the fruit I grow, also do fresh fruit smoothies for my grandkids.

Make tomato soup, sauce and and chutney from my toms that we can't eat when they are fresh.

Freeze peppers, brocolli. and peas for use over the winter.

Make lots of veg soup and freeze as well.

Nothing goes to waste, theres always something that can be done with the surplus.

Only problem I have is not enough garden space t be self sufficent.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Eyren great post have copied it for future reference! Thanks
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Last year i grew for myself, but im about to be an aunt for the first time and im now growing fresh veg for my niece!!!! my sister is an amazing cook and will be making her own baby food so i have a list of fresh veg full of vitamins to be ready for when she arrives!!!!
              Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X