No announcement yet.

Sown chillis/peppers dilemma

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had(still have)all my early sown toms,chillis & aubergines in the same tray.The toms & aubergines were up far earlier than the chillis....ended up taking the lid off & sort of gave up hope on the chilis,but left them be....about a week later & the first chillis poked through & then yesterday(at least a fortnight later) the last chilli has shown up.
    So for me....ditto what Flummery said!!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

My chillis and peppers are on the worktop in the kitchen...and are coming through albeit a bit slower than the toms. I'm sure if you take them out now they will come through in a few days. They always take a bit longer than toms anyway.

Comment

As the saying goes " a bird in the hand etc." so look after the ones you already have rather than risk the lot.

Ian

Comment

thanks all I have gone for the big one and taken the lid off Fingers crossed that as they're on the windowsill above a radiator, they should still get enough warmth. How big should I let the existing seedlings get before I pot on, read somewhere you should wait until first true leaves come through, is that correct? If I pot on earlier than this will it affect my plants?
          I know questions, questions, questions
          AKA Angie

Comment

Wait for true leaves. As long as they aren't overcrowded and striving to get to the light, you can leave them a little longer. There's no hurry - it's still VERY early in the season.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Okay thanks Flummery, will hang on, too impatient.
              AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X