X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd call it an F1½

Comment

Hi Zazen999
      I have gold rush this year, was hoping you would share your "happiness soup" recipe, just incase any grow! lol

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
        A Fybriditage?
        I love that very much!!

Originally posted by Kath View Post
        Hot cross toms?
        And I love that too!

I still vote for whoever came up with 'Flumgold' tho'.

Comment

Originally posted by hypnophil View Post
          Hi Zazen999
          I have gold rush this year, was hoping you would share your "happiness soup" recipe, just incase any grow! lol
          Happiness Soup Recipe | Food | Channel4.com

From Nigella.

Comment

I have been disappointed with F1 seeds.
            As a former car nut I thought they would grow faster than any other seeds, but they appear not to be any faster.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999
              How are your 'yellow squash' doing zazen? Mine are just starting to germinate - the early croockneck is up first!
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                I love that very much!!

And I love that too!

I still vote for whoever came up with 'Flumgold' tho'.
                I think that was SBP!

I believe someone has crossed 2 F1 hybrids but I can't remember how they referred to that!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks Zazen, will give the soup a try, it sounds interesting.

Comment

I usually get Lidl's seeds (29 or 49? P a packet) and they do me just fine. I do avoid F1 as I keep trying to collect some of my own seeds. I sometimes can't resist a Thomson and Morgan £ 5 off voucher though although I do generally find them overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGreen View Post
                      I usually get Lidl's seeds (29 or 49? P a packet) and they do me just fine. I do avoid F1 as I keep trying to collect some of my own seeds. I sometimes can't resist a Thomson and Morgan £ 5 off voucher though although I do generally find them overpriced.
                      I generally use vouchers/half price sales etc to stock up on T&M seed, I agree it's expensive but it's generally of the highest quality and very fresh seed, that'll keep well and germinate strongly for a number of years (depending on the type of seed of course).
                      Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

This year I had just 2 F1 packets.If everything grows well than probably I'll "convert" into ordinary seeds.I'm not fussy-what's the point in paying loads of money if you can have something cheaper.I'm not only about F1 varieties but ordinary ones.Some companies can charge over £2 for a packet of seeds.By the time I get all the veg I could end up paying over a hundred quids.
                        As for the companies-I get some seeds from:
                        Suttons-got used to them,never any problems with germination,order or delivery
                        Lidl-to try something(cheap)
                        Real Seeds-liked "their way"
                        and this year's discovery-Kings-excellent germination and very reasonable prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                          I think that was SBP!

I believe someone has crossed 2 F1 hybrids but I can't remember how they referred to that!
                          I think to be totally boring you'd still refer to your crosses as F1 as you're taking too strains and crossing them even if one of the strains was a mixed f1 strain. Other alternatives I guess would be an outcross. There might well be a technical term for that though that I'm unaware of.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X