No announcement yet.

day off on friday

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOVE the Poets day! Unfortunately I don't think the hospital would see the funny side
    I haven't started my seeds yet, we're in abit of a frost pocket, and I find things generally catch up if I leave things till the end of this month.
    Last edited by cupcake; 04-02-2009, 01:39 PM.
    Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Only onions so far! I only have an unheated conservatory (OK, it has one tiny radiator, to keep the temperature above zero!), so it's really not warm enough in there yet for tender plants - and with two Burmese cats, anywhere else in the house is a no-go area for growing anything

If the weather was a bit milder, like it was last year, I would be sowing some early carrots under cloches in a couple of weeks, but I think I'm going to leave them until March this year!

Comment

ROFLMAO
        Thank you for a blindingly wonderful concept !
        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

No thought's about sowing anything yet i might do at the end of the month if the weather gets better there is plenty of time yet.
          PS we don't all live in cornwall you are very lucky Kittykat8....jacob .
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I live in cornwall but all my poatoes in the tunnel got badly hit by frost, but on thr bright side they are starting to shoot again, saw one potato about the size of my finger nail. Could dig then up and sell them as special baby baby potatoes.

marion

Comment

Broad beans only sow far.

For all you tomato growers - where do you keep your seedlings? Are they in heated propagator, or just a greenhouse? I thought it ws too cold at the momen so I'm just interested in how people are doing it. Feel like I've missed teh boat!!!!!

Comment

Tomato seedlings are on a windowsill at the moment, with the intention of growing on in a large bay window for the summer. I might do a few outdoors, but I won't sow those until March or so.

Comment

I have growing tomatoes (early sowing thread), shallots, carrots and chili's in the propogator.

The rest I will leave until the end of the month if it's stopped snowing
                  http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

I have started onions and leeks. Put them in a seed tray and popped them on the window sill. Although theres snow on the ground theres plenty to do. I also planted my sweet peas for an early show.

Comment

I like POETS day,mine is today and for the next 10 days
                      Haven't started anything yet but thinking about celeriacs-as soon as I'll find the compost bag hiding under the snow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X