Leek - Musselburgh

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
    I've got some leeks I want to propagate, trouble is, I need to move them from the bed they're in at the moment... Is that possible? If I dig them up with plenty of soil round the roots can I re-plant them somewhere else? I don't mind whether it's seed or pips or both, I just want more of them!
    I move all mine that go to seed into a pot; it keeps them nicely out of the way and makes a great display.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
      I've got some leeks I want to propagate, trouble is, I need to move them from the bed they're in at the moment... Is that possible? If I dig them up with plenty of soil round the roots can I re-plant them somewhere else? I don't mind whether it's seed or pips or both, I just want more of them!
      Can't see any problem with that Sarah. I'l be 'healing in' the remainder of my large leeks I have in a raised bet as I need to get it ready for carrots this year.
      If they do get stressed, they will only bolt, and that's what you're after anyway,aren't you?......seedheads that is!
      I normally pot up my seed leeks individually into a large pot btw!
      Still have two beds full of Mussellburgh which are just starting to fatten up now!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Brill, thanks Andrea

Comment

And thank you Snadger
          I've got some leeks from HSL called Early Market which out performed Musselburgh last year so I really want to propagate from themn

Comment

I've got Early Market this year - so glad they are outperforming Mussleburgh. I'll be letting about 5 of each of my different types go to seed anyway. I just love the flowers and the display so everyone's a winner.

Comment

Never tried them before, but got a packet of seeds from Wilkos for 50p, so I thought I'd have a go.
              Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                Never tried them before, but got a packet of seeds from Wilkos for 50p, so I thought I'd have a go.
                You was robbed! They're only 19p a packet in Netto!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have leeks which i planted middle of last year as little plugs which are a bit small because i think i was to late planting up. But im gradually eating my way through them, and have just germinated some prizetaker leeks so hopefully i will have leeks most of the year.I did intend to germinate musselborough which were freebies but i opened the wrong packet by mistake, so things could take a turn for the worst.
                  a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X