Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve got some spare lettuce plants in pots on the patio chair,away from snails,I thought they were safe. House sparrow family (four children on a day trip with mum) were taking pieces of lettuce in their beaks & flying away,mum ate loads I was watching,I don’t mind I like birds plus they haven’t touched my trug lettuce,I should sow some more lettuce….Photo of the lettuce that aren’t mine anymore,I did harvest leaves twice for sandwiches from them,I wonder if sparrows watched me do that,for a small time I was thinking I’ve got two salad areas

Click image for larger version

Name:	A8337B54-8CF7-409F-A83F-50691C71ED2B.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	674.9 KB
ID:	2579727

Comment

• Caught in the act just now lol,they're so cute & help themselves like

Click image for larger version

Name:	2DC6266A-491B-48DC-A6DA-2900EF04C6ED.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	2579741 Click image for larger version

Name:	2615C285-5C39-40A4-9247-8CA840CB905D.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	2579742 Click image for larger version

Name:	2A9BE023-5E80-4A87-A362-1C0937BA2469.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	2579743 Click image for larger version

Name:	ED64EA67-CBDD-4465-A513-C010CC27514B.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	2579744

Comment

• Potted on chard, kales and cucumbers.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Gratefully received a 2 sweet peppers & 1 tomato from mother yesterday which she nurtures for me each year along with her own. Returned the favour with some spares & a few deliberately sown for her (wild rocket, 2 uchiki kuri squash, 2 marketmore cucs, red basil, perpetual spinach, mint, scarlet kale & a pot of sown but yet to germinate welsh onions) so have made a nice dent in clearing the blowaways

Comment

• Potted up 6 pepper plants into large pots for my conservatory.

Comment

• Finished digging all of the beds at the allotment, laid down black plastic for planting through, and planted out my melons and watermelons.

Comment

• Just nipped out to put netting around my telephone peas, that will stop the Sparrows.

Comment

• Put the shading on my GH, set up self watering for cucumbers and Mini Bell toms.
                  Planted sunflower's the weeding on and of during the day.

Comment

• Today I planted a mountain princess tomato with a lilac petunia & yellow French marigold in a large container.

Comment

• Potted up all my tomatoes, not sure how I ended up with 19 varieties! I'm keeping 2 of each apart from a few fav's. Now to find homes for 18 spare plants...
                      Potted on all my aubergines, cucumbers, squashes, courgettes, peppers and chillies.
                      Watered a few pots.
                      Mowed the little lawn only.
                      Ordered another load of compost!
                      So much to do, so little time
                      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
                      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

• Planted out 12 sweet potato plants and 15 sweetcorn plants.
                        Set up a frame of canes ready for my beans.
                        Collected grass cuttings left by the strimmer man, and used them to mulch my tomatoes.

Comment

• On Saturday we planted out our Dwarf FB Annabelle, Uchiki Kuri Squash & Cuc Marketmore (squash & cues in big pots this year to help in avoiding slugs & because the ground where we wanted to grow isn't rich enough).

More woodchip spread - around the bench area this time. Had intended to do some more painting of the bench but forgot the paintbrush!

Otherwise hoeing & weeding - the latter mostly in the old strawberry bed which I must spread some straw on this week.

Comment

• Dismantled the brassica cage ready to replace the rotten wood, pressure washed the debris netting. We’ll be rebuilding it tomorrow.

Comment

• We didn’t do the brassica cage today instead we covered the telephone peas with debris netting.
                              Potted up the last Beth Alpha cuc it’s now on the self watering matting.

Comment

• Shredded the last of the pyracantha 'tree' prunings. Incinerated the front hedge stumps that I'd dug out some time ago and the bits of pyracantha that were too big for the shredder.

Put all of the soil/compost back in the last raised bed, since the neighbour that I'd lent the vibratory poker to hasn't found where he put it yet and there wasn't any time left to knock the concrete bed walls down and cast some new ones to make it about 50% bigger.

Put the runner bean seedlings in the raised bed, they'd reached the limit of the bits of plastic down pipe that I'd sown them in.
                                Also put in some spring onion, leek, achochia, kohl rabi and pak choi seedlings.
                                Last edited by Mark Rand; 05-06-2024, 06:17 PM.
                                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X