Is this the start to potato blight?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the start to potato blight?

I'm new to growing potatoes and the idea of blight is a bit . I saw these markings on my lower leaves, the tops are lovely and green still.
    Is this blight? If so, what shall I do? These are nicola spuds, been in the planter for 60 days

Thank you

I don’t think it’s blight,have you put any fertiliser in there this month? Tomato feed is good for potatoes,high potassium. Leaves will begin to die off as the potatoes are nearly ready,some of my leaves look brown. Your leaves are mainly brown on the tips,I think it looks like a nutrient issue but not bad,the potatoes are just feeding off the leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolapeg91 View Post
      I'm new to growing potatoes and the idea of blight is a bit . I saw these markings on my lower leaves, the tops are lovely and green still.
      Is this blight? If so, what shall I do? These are nicola spuds, been in the planter for 60 days

Thank you

I have to say those brown diebacks and spots on the leaves would make me nervous. OH topped some of our late planted spuds yesterday because maybe the leaves had blight. The weather has been awful rainy and humid, so I'm keeping a close eye out on the toms and spuds.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I would say not…but keep eagle eyes on spuds if you are having warm humid weather. We are …and I’m checking them daily. The telltale sign to me is when you see the grey/ brown smudges appearing on the stems as well as blotches on the leaves.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I harvested them just incase as they was a decent size. I am definitely nervous this year due to how wet this summer has been. Although it hasn’t really been that warm. I check all toms and spuds daily.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X