Seedlings

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seedlings

I have some cauliflower and cavolo Nero seedlings that are in in individual decent sized modules, they were in the greenhouse but were struggling with the current hot temp. I put in the cold frame which is open all the time but also too hot in there. Should I just plat them out? Was holding off as I still have plants in the beds they are going in, but could probably just plant them around those if I need to.

Do you not have somewhere outside you can keep them in pots for now, until you are ready to plant them?

Comment

I am in process of planting out my Cav Nero but I do have an empty bed for them - I would have to pot them on otherwise.
      I am coming to the conclusion that veg in pots are much happier in the soil and much less hassle for me..I know folk do grow much in pots and do very well but they need careful tlc.
      Don't forget to cover them with mesh if you plant them!

Comment

I agree Mrs Busy. Beginners seem to always be advised to grow in containers, but unless this is your only choice, it's so much more difficult. I wonder how many needlessly get downhearted and give up.
        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

I agree they will be a lot happier once they are in the beds and don’t take as much looking after. Will maybe put them under the mesh in the beds for the next few days as not as hot there I think then plant out at the weekend. The modules they are in are essentially the size of small pots.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X