Can I just use garden dirt?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I just use garden dirt?

I have a large growing square space in my garden where I am putting 4 raised beds. Do I need to add anything into the raised beds or can i just fork over the garden soil and grow my plants in that?

If its for raised beds it would help if the soil level was increased, but yes you could place your raised bed frames on the ground and dig over the bed soil and f sowing seeds rake to a fine tilth and sow, if planting young plants once soil is turned over and leveled off add some feeding about a week before planting, a lot depends on what you have, or what you can afford, when I first made my raised beds I put all my garden rubbish on the base, by rubbish I mean cut up branches, old perennial plant growth and any uncomposted green waste, then covered it with layers of cardboard, which was then covered with a mix of soil and compost, but you don't have to do that, as you work your raised beds you can increase the soil levels as you progress over time
    Last edited by rary; 03-04-2023, 07:35 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X