Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planted my lettuce into buckets on the 31st March, I've left them in the GH for now.

forgot to post this earlier.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I’ve put some lettuce seedlings outside to harden up a bit,I want to plant them out soon into a little trug

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        My first sowing of the year, just 5 - 6 seeds of each in a 1/4 seed tray, left on a bedroom window sill.

Valmaine
        Mazur
        Little Gem
        All Year Round
        Frisee de Beauregard
        Lollo Rossa
        Rocket
        Green Salad Bowl
        Lobjoits Green Cos
        Red Salad bowl.
        The lettuce is doing well, I’ve been picking a few leaves most days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fd302ebe-064b-4fba-b9ce-1cee6f2397d6.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	2578089

Comment

Nice one Bren in Pots

My early sowing didn't come to anything. Lettuce is my nemesis every year (quite frustrating when it's always in the 'easiest things to grow' lists lol).

I sowed another batch last week (16 April) - 'All Year Round' & 'Catalogna'.

The Catalogna have come up in abundance. The AYR don't seem to have done much - maybe a sprout or two.

I don't know what it is with me & AYR. They never seem to sprout well for me but I've checked seed viability by chitting & there's nothing wrong there - it really is something I'm doing

Comment

Andraste I also had a problem with AYR not germinating looking at the my photo above I can’t see any AYR amongst them.
            When it stops raining ​​​​​​ I’ll have a look at those growing in the troughs.

Comment

I have been picking lettuce for the last few weeks and yes Bren I know I should have been posting at present most are growing in my tomato bed in the greenhouse but I do have some growing in plug trays as well, mostly little gem but do have some oak leaf lettuce as well, so will try in future to post when and what I am sowing, one of the things I tell members of the Garden Club is to label and record what and when you sow seed, but then it's not "do as I do, but do as I say". You have no idea the abuse I receive when I get caught out on that one.
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X