Buying loose potato tubers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying loose potato tubers

Evening all. I am based in Ipswich in Suffolk. For many years I have bought my seed potatoes from Victoria Nursery in Ipswich. They buy sacks of numerous varieties and you can buy as many of any varierty as you like. I regularly buy 2 or 3 tubers of half a dozen varieties just to try them out. Sadly the owner is calling it a day and the nursery is closing at the end of January so will not be selling seed potatoes this year.

Does anybody know of any other nursery in Suffolk or North Essex that sells tubers loose like this? Or even online...
    Are y'oroight booy?

Here’s an old thread Vince which you might find interesting….

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...es-of-potatoes
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks Nicos, only just seen this as don't come on here much in the winter. I managed to find another supplier in Ipswich. They don't sell the same number of varieties but actually not a bad selection. They sell in 1kg nets but actually don't mind if you open them up and take a couple out, so long as you buy a minimum of a dozen tubers, which I thought was very flexible of them. No Pink Fir Apples though, so had to order those online, bit expesive but they are the most delicious variety in my opinion and are ready very late in the season, just when you want to be eating hot new potatoes again! Kiln Farm Nursery Kesgrave for anyone in South East Suffolk. All the best, Vince
      Last edited by Vince G; 29-03-2023, 10:03 PM.
      Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Vince if I'd seen this earlier I could of sent you 2-3 of the varieties in my local just discovered garden center that sells them loose in Leicestershire. They have I reckon about 30 varieties (not counted them fully) but they have Pink Fir Apple which is my own favourite variety to grow as well.
        The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Thanks MB, that's very kind of you. I may take you up on your offer next year, that's a much bigger range that I found at the new place locally. Have you tried pink Fir Apple skin-on chips? The best! Happy growing.
          Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X