Growmore

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growmore

Discovered a half full tub of growmore I must have bought at some point. What uses do people make of that for their fruit and veg?
    Last edited by annie8; 14-05-2022, 04:55 PM.

More or less everywhere except on fruit (Inc tomatoes and aubergines) after flowering, which then needs more K.

Actually I use 13-13-13 agricultural fertiliser rather then growmore: so much less expensive and only needs ~30% of application rate because its more concentratrd
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
      Actually I use 13-13-13 agricultural fertiliser rather then growmore: so much less expensive and only needs ~30% of application rate because its more concentratrd
      Isn't Growmore 7-7-7? Which means your agricultural fertiliser would actually need about 55% of the application rate to give the same weight per area of fertiliser.

Comment

That’s really coincidental,I found some growmore in mums shed today,I was looking for BFB but it’s the same kind of thing with similar nutrient 7.7.6 I think it was. I used it when I was potting up some geraniums round there today. Its just a slow release fertiliser used for anything. All flowers,fruit & some veg like potatoes like a high potassium fertiliser to help bulk them out as well as using the slow release fertiliser at the beginning.
        Last edited by Jungle Jane; 14-05-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ameno View Post

Isn't Growmore 7-7-7? Which means your agricultural fertiliser would actually need about 55% of the application rate to give the same weight per area of fertiliser.
          I'm sure you are right. I thought it was 5 5 5 but since I work on 30g per handful I can hardly claim high precision.
          Last edited by quanglewangle; 15-05-2022, 01:22 AM.
          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

So basically I can just sprinkle it all across the garden then. Fab will just do that.

Comment

FYI

Looked into it a bit more. Started as 'National Growmore' in WW2.
              See https://dig-for-victory.org.uk/growi...re-fertilizer/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X