Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, we just got to the bottom of the sharpe's express this week (bumper crop last year), so I'm keeping some and I'll replant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
      We've bought Sharpe's Express to grow a few in bags in the greenhouse.
      I bought Sharpes Express by mistake. They were in the box marked Charlotte and I didn't realise until I got them home and checked the label. I only grow a few earlies in buckets so will experiment with these this year, even though I usually grow Charlottes!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ours are arriving to ‘allotment shop’ this week, this year am growing Charlotte and Desiree, ( I think), and will probably get some Pink FirApple to grow in bags, they did v well last year

Comment

Got mine today,Charlottes,Desiree & new to me Swift because GF made me want them

Comment

Darn…no spuds yet again at a second supplier

I’m getting spud envy here!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Darn…no spuds yet again at a second supplier

I’m getting spud envy here!
              It’s still very early,at the bottom of the potato bags it mentions plant passport uk,I wonder if that might have caused a delay for potatoes that travel to the EU,with customs checks?

Comment

JJ…I think our seed potatoes don’t come from the uk anymore. I’m pretty sure very few did anyway otherwise we’d have been able to get British varieties?
                Certainly a possibility though!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

We were quite miffed to find that some of our favourites are no longer available because of Brexit. La Vie was a brilliant 1st early and we've grown Victoria as a main crop for years, it crops and stores really well. Alas they are both Dutch varieties and are no longer stocked by our local supplied. This year we're giving casablanca and swift a go for the first earlies and marvel, navan and sunbeam as main crop. Any feedback welcome

Comment

Still got some of last years in the garage and should have enough to avoid having to buy. Grew annabelle and kerrs pinks and liked them both.

Comment

Planted six Sharpe's Express yesterday in two bags. Very early, I know - they're going in the greenhouse for (hopefully) some extra early new spuds. I'm guessing they'll need specific frost protection at times but it's only a bit of fun
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Went out and got my seed potatoes today, from my local garden centre which sells them loose for £2.25 a kilo.
                        This year they had two of the varieties I have been wanting to grow for a few years but could never find for sale locally (Jazzy and Stemster).
                        In the end I got:
                        4 Home Guard (first early)
                        10 Jazzy (second early salad potato)
                        16 Stemster (main crop for roasting)

Comment

Im trying Pentland javelin this year

Comment

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                            Still got some of last years in the garage and should have enough to avoid having to buy. Grew annabelle and kerrs pinks and liked them both.
                            Picked up some elfe at the weekend. Homebase were selling packs of 6 which is good as I didn’t need many. So now have first earlies, second earlies and main crop.

Comment

Two rows of Charlotte put to bed. Started chiting January 10.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Compress_20220210_105438_8319.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	2541068 I know the rows aren't straight. Counting on the potatoes not realising.
                              I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Bought the same varieties as last year (Red Duke of York, Estima and Desiree) from our local garden center. Good value at £1.60 a kilo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X