Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few main crop potatoes to make wedges & some tomatoes,waiting for the last of the peppers & tomatoes to ripen.

Comment

• A large punnet of tomatoes for ripening off indoors and some beetroot.
      A couple of handfuls of raspberries and a couple of small winter squashes where the vines had died off.
      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• 4 decent sized turnips to freeze for stews etc. The usual few tomatoes. More DFB - am very pleased with this later crop.
        Had to pull 6 carrots to get 3 edible ones, the others were split to the point of unusable.

Comment

• A bucket of apples that I’ve juiced and frozen.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• One winter squash.
            No apples yet as they are all firmly attached to the tree. One dropped off when it was smaller than a crab apple with a large maggot in it.
            The remainder are just staying on the tree with no windfalls so far.

Comment

• Some more apples, a whole load of peppers (including half a dozen green ones because the branch they were on snapped under its own weight), 12 more akebia fruits (that's the last of them now), and the last remaining bunch of grapes (the badgers got the rest).
              Also two buckets full of dried beans for shelling.

Comment

• Yesterday, apples, toms, basil, raspberries and 3 cucumbers.

Comment

• French beans and the last of the runner beans that were cleared today. A few carrots, a couple of parsnips, a lettuce and some baby toms that fell off the vine.

Comment

• More rasps. What a harvest this year!

Comment

• French beans and raspberries yesterday.

Comment

• The last of my Sunset apples, loads of tomatoes, some peppers, french beans, tenderstem broccoli, some beetroot, and the final watermelon.
                        I also dug up all of my remaining Jazzy potatoes. I had been planning to dig up only one plant's worth, but they're starting to sprout already, so I thought I'd better get them all out.

Comment

• A large punnet of tomatoes and a small handful of cucamelons and one small winter squash.

Comment

• Apples this morning for juicing.

Comment

• Yesterday parsnips, runner beans, apples, raspberries and herbs.

This morning a cucumber, San Marzano, Mini Bell and Gardeners delight toms. Then apples and raspberries.
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 03-10-2022, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday on the plot tomatoes, a turnip, 3 fat carrots. I dug one of the two spare maincrop sarpo axona planted without that much expectation and no preparation and it produced over 3 1/2lb of large red spuds so happy with that. I cut the other one down and will harvest in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X