Vanishing flower seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanishing flower seeds

Do you have this problem too that nothing sprouts where you are sure that you sowed a package of flower seeds?

I have this problem nearly every year. I mark the place where I sowed the seeds but they vanish somehow. Of course, it must be something I do wrong, I see that.
    Wrong soil preparation, wrong conditions: frost germinator or normal germinator and other reasons why the seeds do not come up.

Some frost germinators I prepared now on paper towel, with the hope that this will do the trick.

Have you done that too at one time and how was your experience? Does it work? Thanks for your replies.

This is a picture of monkshood seeds, glued with flour. It stucks alright, hopefully the flour does not hinder the germination. I prepared other frost germinators too, and in December I put the papers onto the soil, with little dirt on it. What do you think?

Last edited by Iris_Germany; 21-11-2021, 05:34 PM.

I’m very much in favour of self seeding plants but I too struggle with getting things to germinate.
    Last year I sprinkled several packets of wallflowers and none of them grew.
    I’ve made an assumption now that either birds or mice ( probably the latter) consider my seeds as a buffet

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      I’m very much in favour of self seeding plants but I too struggle with getting things to germinate.
      Last year I sprinkled several packets of wallflowers and none of them grew.
      I’ve made an assumption now that either birds or mice ( probably the latter) consider my seeds as a buffet
      I tried it countless times with delphinium for example. Never something came up. It's frustrating. I love delphinium. And they btw. vanish too as whole plants and not only as seeds. They do not like the winter here, and I have to put them in the greenhouse.

But during the last summer it rained so much that two of them even vanished already then!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X