Chilli seedlings going downhill

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilli seedlings going downhill

New cayenne pepper seeds, compost and they took an eternity to get to this stage. Now they just look pathetic and I can't seem to get them to grow any bigger. Anyone know what this could be please ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Marb67; 15-06-2021, 09:10 AM.

Cannot honestly help other than to say, both my chillis and peppers have stayed resolutely small this year - bigger than yours, but just not growing! Not sure if it was the cold start (my allotment neighbour reckons it was the cold) or the compost was not as good (I've had lots of odd problems with stuff looking a bit stunted and yellow this year (it's not AP poisoning though)) or a combo of everything. Its an odd year growing wise! In the end I bought a couple of plants from the garden centre to ensure I'd actually get some chillis!!
    If it ain't broke...fix it til it is!

Comment

My cayenne and scotch bonnets were also particularly slow growing this year, although they looked healthy enough. Have noticed a massive difference in them since the weather has been warm enough for them to go out in the gh. Only one has got flowers though so behind where II would expect them to be.
      Last edited by annie8; 18-06-2021, 05:38 PM.

Comment

My peppers and chillies were awful early on. I think a lot was due to the terrible quality of compost these days. I have now decided to try and buy as much high as possible percentage peat compost as I can before it is banned. This is definitely not eco-friendly in any way but I am fed up of plants dying and in every other aspect of my life I am "green".

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
          My peppers and chillies were awful early on. I think a lot was due to the terrible quality of compost these days. I have now decided to try and buy as much high as possible percentage peat compost as I can before it is banned. This is definitely not eco-friendly in any way but I am fed up of plants dying and in every other aspect of my life I am "green".
          Buy Melcourt Sylvagrow if you want a good quality peat-free compost. It's not too cheap, but it's just as good as the best peat-based ones (it's been Which Best Buy or Recommended for years now, and I've been buying it ever since it was first recommended by them).
          Certainly, my pepper seedlings did very well in it. They were 4-5 inches tall before then even left their starting (3cm) pots.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X