Cucumber problems.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cucumber problems.

Was speaking to a friend who is a very good grower yesterday. He was saying that his cucumber plants were all just dying off the same as mine.
    Any ideas what this might be. Usually over run with them.
    Thank you.
    Bob.

Too cold???
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Could it be fungus gnats larvae damaging the roots?
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

My guess would be either cold or some sort of fungal pathogen in the soil (cucumbers are very prone to root rots).

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Could it be fungus gnats larvae damaging the roots?
        I have big issues with that every year, but if the plants are outright dying then it's unlikely to be them.
        In my experience, the afflicted plants never entirely die, or even wilt. They just sit there as seedlings not growing at all for weeks, maybe yellowing slightly, then if you try and pull on them they just come straight out of the ground with no roots.
        They also only tend to be a problem with young seedlings. Once they get to about two full-sized adult leaves the roots and stems are usually tough enough that the larvae can no longer eat them.

Comment

Thanks for your help
          . Fell it is possibly the weather being to cold or as i put it no heat. Have noticed potting on plants from the middle shelf the root balls are cold compared with most seasons.
          Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X