Fertiliser onions and potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fertiliser onions and potatoes

Good morning I dug some manure last year into the bed I intend to use for potatoes and onions this year
    What advice can you give please as to a suitable fertiliser to use when planting the seed potatoe and onion sets

Many thanks P

I have tried the boxed potato fertiliser in the past, I think it was Bowers, can't say I noticed much difference in the crop, I tend to use what ever I have to hand, usually blood fish and bone, same goes with the onions.

Comment

My potatoes get manure in the bottom of the trench when I plant and my onions tend to get a sprinkle of fish blood and bone.

Comment

I'm another who used Blood fish and bone.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Chicken manure pellets or BFB also for me.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I use a bit of BFB & some liquid seaweed fertiliser for both,you can water over the onion leaves like a foliar feed as well as on the soil.

Comment

Chicken manure pellets for the spuds and BFB for the onions. Also I gave the autumn onions some potash last month as I have a feeling it helps against the rust which is endemic on the allotment.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X