Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBC Tank

Hi everyone,

So I took on a plot a few months ago and just got a used ibc tank delivered for quite cheap.

After set up I realised that it has been used for diesel in the past as it smells strong. It has clearly been flushed through with water however.

What is the best way of getting rid of the smell, and is it safe to use the water from it on my veg?

I was thinking washing up liquid and a mop through the top to scrub and then rinse through.

Thanks

James

That IBC is not likely to be any good for watering edibles, it's not the smell you need to get rid, it's the poisonous contaminants that's the problem.

Comment

Yikes!
      First of all, Welcome to the Vine

Maybe not such a bargain after all?

I’ve had a look around internet and found this yachting forum discussing cleaning fuel residue accidentally put into water tanks
      Have a look around posts 13 and 14.

TBH, for the expense and time involved, it might be better starting afresh...sorry !
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks both,

I think you're probably right.

I've managed somehow to get not only a new home for it but also a swap for one without any hazardous substance within. The problem now is finding someone with a van willing to help!

Comment

That was a lucky swap. Hello and welcome, by the way.

Comment

The frame they come in would be useful for summat? Possibly a compost cage?
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X