X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by burnie View Post
    That link of yours Nicos comes up as dangerous on my computer, never had that before, beware of it just in case.

Seems OK using Norton. But thanks for heads up.

Leave a comment:

• roitelet
    replied
    I take out a trench where I am going to plant beans and put it in the bottom to conserve moisture.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    That link of yours Nicos comes up as dangerous on my computer, never had that before, beware of it just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I like the tip of adding soil to it as an activator too !

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Good link Nicos I've always just chucked the moss in my compost bin but it seems like leaving it in old compost bags might be a better idea if it's best kept separate.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Just out of interest I found out this about composting moss...

http://www.askorganic.co.uk/composti...ing%20moss.htm

Leave a comment:

• Martin H
    replied
    When I scarify my lawn, there's quite a lot of grass mixed in with the moss. I mix it all into the compost heap, it compresses down quite quickly and seems to make good compost. I can't see any harm in digging it in instead, though, except for the effort involved.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Moss is good at retaining moisture, and once it's dead should rot down fairly quickly I would think, so I certainly can't see any harm to digging it in.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    Moss is basically young peat.
    I sometimes add it to potting compost.

Leave a comment:

• Contadino
    started a topic Tilling moss into soil...

Tilling moss into soil...

The soil on my allotment plot was pretty bad when I took it on last April, but I've been tilling in all sorts of organic matter over the course of the year and it's looking a bit better now. Sacks of shredded leaves, some bushes that I chipped with my mower, and next doors chickens have helped.

It's coming to the time of the year when next door (other side) dusts off his electric lawn scarifier and he's told me it overloads his green bin. He's also offered to lend it to me so I can do my lawns.

Is there any benefit to be had to tilling all the lawn moss into my allotment?

Thanks.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X