Strip grow lights

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strip grow lights

Was thinking of getting some of those full spectrum strip led grow lights and putting them under my kitchen shelf. I could then put my seedlings like chillis and tomatoes underneath. The shelf is about 60cm from the work surface. They wouldn’t get a lot of natural light there though as it’s in a corner of the kitchen. Would the grow lights be enough on its own or do they need both that and natural light?

Yes the grow lights give enough light,mine block out most of the natural light because it’s too bright for the room,I put a surround around it made of diamond mylar reflective sheeting from a hydroponics shop. The diamond indents reflect the light back in many angles,it’s really good although years ago I didn’t use it & still had good results,if there’s not much heat coming from the light,you can have the pots quite close.

Comment

If the strip lights are LED's then there's very little heat coming from them.
      If I'm not on here, I'm probably fishing.

Comment

They arrived today and put them under the shelf. Geez they are bright it is like a disco in there.

Comment

Mine are in fairly dark corner of the living room, and my little plants have done really well. You certainly can't miss them though. I had the builders in two years ago, and they definitely thought I was growing something dodgy!
          Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X