Seed Overload!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed Overload!

It appears that I have quite a few seed's that I am never going to use as it's just seed's that I never use (Lot's of Lettuce) or thing's that we don't eat in my family. I have alot of seed which has gone out of date and don't want to waste anymore (Feel like already wasted alot of money on seed's that have gone out of date), also looking at turning more to organic seed. Does anyone know where you can donate seed's that you are not going to use? (I know normally seedy days go on but they don't appear to be happening this year).
    Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

Allotment societies might be able to point you in the right direction, there's a community garden not far from me, they get some of mine or I post some to one of my relatives who is new to gardening.

Comment

I take mine to the local Hospice charity shop they're soon snapped up.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Look out for someone starting out with a new plot.
        I got a good crop from something I would not have bought. It was donated when I took on my plot just over a year ago.
        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

There are seed swapping groups on Facebook where you could be rid of the lot quite quickly.
          Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
          By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
          While better men than we go out and start their working lives
          At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Schools often want seeds for their gardening clubs or for science experiments. Quick growing seeds like radish and lettuce would be popular because they'd be ready to harvest before the schools go on their summer holidays.

Comment

Sow microgreens with all the seed Sow, germinate and harvest quickly for tasty salads

Comment

I pop any spare packs of seed in the local foodbank. I know not everyone has a garden, but some will - and can use them to grow their own veg for later in the year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X