Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes in baskets - best favour

Hi guys

so last time I visited this forum was 2008 when I lived in Lincolnshire. Now in the West Midlands with a East Facing small garden.

During lockdown I grew 1 "˜sweet million"™ tomato plant. It sunbathed during the day and each night I"™d bring it in doors. Worked a treat.

This year, I"™ll be doing some outside in growbags, 3 in pots but I also want to do a bush variety. Thing is, I don"™t know if the tumbling toms have any real flavour?

Any help with finding the best tasting bush variety would be welcomed.

I like garden Pearl but flavour is more a personal thing, there are a good number of basket tomatoes available nowadays if you have one you like grow that along with some other verity, with a big enough basket you can grow them together
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Hi there- and a big Welcome back!

I'm impressed you remembered your password!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Need to ask, why take your basket in at night
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Hi there- and a big Welcome back!

I'm impressed you remembered your password!
          Definitely didn"™t. Had to reset it. 😄

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
            Need to ask, why take your basket in at night
            took my pot in to stop the slugs eating it mainly. I didn"™t want to lose my one and only plant 😄

Comment

I like Gardeners Delight, but as Rary said taste is a very personal thing, if I could grow only one Tomato, that would be it. As a bush tommie I found the Tumbling Red a nice flavour too. Another I grow that gives a great crop of Lemon shaped fruits with a good taste is British Breakfast.

Comment

I'm trying one next year that was recommended by someone on the vine I think. It's called Maskota and is developed specifically for hanging baskets and containers.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

For cherry tomatoes, hanging baskets are ideal, slugs can"™t touch them, just need to keep up with the watering. I usually have two or three large baskets going with three plants in each. Did quite well with ildi (yellow, prolific)

Comment

Maskotka, taste is really nice, almost like ketchup very early as well, I usually get fruit from them first week of june from an early feb sowing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X