Radish seed heads

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radish seed heads

Radish seed heads, what size is best for picking ? and how would you cook them ? . They sound like they should be nice and i have some going to seed. Thank you

You can eat them at almost any size, as long as they are still bright green (once they begin yellowing they get tough). The best size is probably just as you can start to see bulges in the pod where the seeds are.

I've never heard of cooking them. They're usually eaten raw in salads, or you can also pickle them.

Comment

MsT I grow radishes just for the seed pods here's a link to an older thread with a pickle recipe..

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...sh-pod-recipes
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I think they can be used in stir fries, although I haven't tried them.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks all . Now i know when to pick them...i will try them in stir fries...got to wait a bit . but look forward to trying them.

Comment

I’ve used them is stir fries they’re tasty.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

For the purest flavour and best texture pick as young as possible. Letting them become full and bulbous impacts flavour and texture. I usually soak them in a bit of good quality vinegar for a couple of hours and then scatter them over trout/salmon.

Comment

How long are they when you pick them. Sound nice with salmon. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                  How long are they when you pick them. Sound nice with salmon. Thanks.
                  You want to judge it by fatness, not length, as length will vary based on number of seeds (can be 1-3 seeds in each pod).
                  5-7mm is probably the best thickness. Much bigger and they become less crisp and even begin to go tough, pick them smaller and it's just a waste, as you end up with far less weight of pods.

Comment

Thanks . you tell i have not done this before ..lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X