No announcement yet.

Question from GYO Magazine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicos hahaha & yes Thanks for the seeds,I wonder if wild varieties are like this,I’ll definitely pull it out to investigate carefully soon. Rary I prefer to remove the roots of tomato, I leave other plant roots in the soil like marigold, sweetcorn, beans, peas, lettuce, anything without disease risk.
    Last edited by Jungle Jane; 11-08-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I find the roots dont rot down so I always use fresh compost.
      I grow in containers but would never plant a tomato in the same compost second time around.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I grow my Toms and peppers in the soil along one side and end of the tiny6x8ft greenhouse year after year. I chop off the roots and leave 'most' of them there. I apply an inch of homemade compost mulch in spring and FBB meal and crushed eggshell at planting time and use home made nettle tea swapping to comfrey tea with a bit of urine as the fruit starts to set as weekly feed. We are about year 8 or 9 in the same soil without issues.There is no shortage of growth or fruit.

The only thing is to remove any tomatoe debris as if falls. That way you are not allowing anything to harbour disease on the soil surface.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X