GH organisation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH organisation

This may not matter a jot but asking anyway.
    I currently have a very large cuc on the right side nr door with cordon Tom's beside it and tumblers at the bottom end with rest of cucs in left side.
    I was going to put all cucs down one side (would be different varieties together) and Tom's opposite.
    Would it matter all cucs together being different varieties ? Or shall I leave as is..seperate?
    Cucs are
    Tasty king which I'm removing male flowers
    Mini munch
    Bush champion
    Northern England.

I take it these must be in pots, tommies generally prefer less humidity than cukes I believe, I tend to have the cukes in the less hot part, if there is any shade during the hottest part of the day.

Comment

We place our Cucs at the end of the 6x8 greenhouse (in the soil) but behind a fleece curtain to protect them from direct sunlight. They seem less bothered later in the season when the toms drape all over the place. Toms behind peppers all down the side. End door is south facing. We just mix it all up.

Comment

My gh door is ne facing . Gets sun from morning until 1-2pm when its shaded by neighbours tree. Then evening sun.
        As it is the Tom's probably get the most sun as they are.
        I've always had them all in together just not as many cucs.
        have pruned alot of tom foliage today which has helped.

Thanks for your replies.
        Northern England.

Comment

It says bush champions a ridge cucumber they keep the male flowers,I’d put it outside away from the other two,incase any males from the bush champion pollinate them,they could end up bitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
            It says bush champions a ridge cucumber they keep the male flowers,I’d put it outside away from the other two,incase any males from the bush champion pollinate them,they could end up bitter?
            It was sent from seed company in replacement for one they had sold out of.
            I have never put cuc outside as so wet and windy here
            Northern England.

Comment

I grow myvtomatoes and peppers,/ chillis in the greenhouse.
              Always grow the cucs outdoors as I find they do better outdoors for me.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Last year I put a cucumber into a m.f.b and sat it in a watering tray which was sitting on the bench there is a narrower bench about a foot above the top of the bucket and the cucumber spread along that the greenhouse sits north to south with the cucumber growing in the north east corner and it finished up the best crop of cucs. I have grown so I have done the same this year and again having a great crop
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X