Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Pepper Help!

Hi

I’m new to growing veg but this year I’m growing sweet peppers in pots on my balcony space.

The plants have sprouted lots of flower blooms but 2 of the plants have started dropping them at the stalk. Any advice on why this is happening?

It can be due to lack of pollination, if your balcony is very high maybe the pollinating insects haven't found them, you can help by using a small artists paintbrush to pollinate the flowers, but remember to buzz like a bee whilst you are doing it just in case the flowers are listening..........................

Comment

I grow peppers in the house and find that if I forget to pollinate them they drop the flowers. It is very easy to pollinate - I just use my finger and rub it over the centre of each open flower. I do this every day when I water them.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
        but remember to buzz like a bee whilst you are doing it just in case the flowers are listening..........................
        Sorry Burnie, but I couldn't help but laugh at this. Mr Shortie looked at my like I was a nutter
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I have seen a fruit forming on a plant that was grown from seed taken from a sweet pointed pepper bought in a supermarket.
          Blight got everything last year in my back garden.
          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Thanks for the pollenation advice - worked a treat. Peppers are well on their way. No signs of turning red yet, i suspect due to lack of sunshine!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X