White Wonder Cucumber

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wonder Cucumber

Has anybody successfully grown Cucumber White Wonder? I bought some W Robinson seeds from RHS Wisley thinking they would make a change from Burpless Tasty Green that I usually grow but ...

They're covered in flowers (male & female) but none of the females have turned into fruit. Should I hand pollinate them or take off the males? The plant is beginning to get a bit rampant and taking over the greenhouse. If it doesn't do something soon, I'm going to take it out and give more space to the other plants.

White Wonder is an heirloom variety, so I'm pretty sure it needs pollinating. You won't get much insect pollination in a greenhouse, though, so you should hand pollinate.

Comment

Could the plant be moved outside maybe,you’ll have more space & bees will be everywhere?

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Its now outside. Lets see if it helps.

Comment

It’s outside setting fruit BUT I picked one and tried it yesterday ABSOLUTELY FOUL.

I’ll give the next one some time to ripen more but if it doesn’t improve it will go on the compost NEVER to be grown again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X