Marshalls

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshalls

Has anyone purchased any veg plugs from Marshalls this year?

We placed a large order with Marshalls on March 27, 2020, for seeds and veg plugs for our new veg patch. At the time, they said they were experiencing delays as a result of Covid-19 and that orders would be despatched within 28 days. This timeline worked for us.

We’ve received a tiny portion of our order, with 60% still outstanding. We are now approaching 2 months since placing and paying for the order.

Has anyone else experienced these delays?

You can’t call them and they’ve not replied to a single email. The customer service has been appalling. I understand that Coronavirus has created an awful situation for businesses, but if you stay open and take payments surely you must have the processes in place to update people on their orders. It’s nearly June and I have no idea if my remaining veg plugs are still going to arrive.

Curious to know if others have been affected?

Our DIY and sustainability journey: My Home Farm

Do they have a facebook page, I know a lot of GC's round here have taken to that to communicate.

Comment

I haven't used Marshalls, but I used several different places for seeds from March to April and I had things taking up to 6 weeks to arrive. I'm not surprised you're still waiting for the rest of your delivery to be honest. Hopefully they will at least try to get the seeds out within their sowing windows, some of mine ended up being a bit late.
      Fingers crossed that you get everything asap.
      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

It is not the delay so much but being ignored that is the main problem. Have been lucky this season so far [fingers crossed] Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by goosander View Post
          It is not the delay so much but being ignored that is the main problem. Have been lucky this season so far [fingers crossed] Bob.
          Tried contacting them on FB. They’re ignoring me there too!

Unprofessional, awful company. Will never buy from them again. They’re dead to me.

Comment

Ordered three cucumber plug plants two months ago. they arrived this week - only two in the box and one of those the stem was snapped.
            Tried all means of contact to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by moreteavicar View Post
              Ordered three cucumber plug plants two months ago. they arrived this week - only two in the box and one of those the stem was snapped.
              Tried all means of contact to no avail.
              Shocking. And from what I’ve been able to see online they’ve been like this for years - it’s not the Covid drama that has let their quality and service slip.

Comment

Have you looked on the trust pilot website,they’ve had loads of bad reviews in just the last two days,they must’ve taken too many orders than they can cope with,Marshalls have responded to some people on that website,people wanting their money back etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                  Have you looked on the trust pilot website,they’ve had loads of bad reviews in just the last two days,they must’ve taken too many orders than they can cope with,Marshalls have responded to some people on that website,people wanting their money back etc.
                  It’s been an extremely painful experience. They were too greedy and can’t fulfill orders. I paid via PayPal and will request a full refund if everything’s not here by the end of the week.

Comment

They were greedy,this is a bad time to treat customers like that,good luck getting a result quickly.

Comment

I often buy from Marshalls but will hold off buying anything now.

Comment

I gave them a vile review on Trust Pilot.
                        Strange - I received an email the next day saying there were issuing a refund...

Comment

I am having exactly the same problem but with dt brown. I ordered 40 leek plants end of February, is was 2 varietys 20 of each. Beginning of may 20 arrived, it said the whole order had been despatched but I never received the other 20 plants, only way to contact them is by filling in online form, i have filled this in a few times , never got a reply, and still not got the other 20 plants
                          Last edited by pepper1000; 26-05-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X