Seeds - How to plant

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicola.P View Post
    plant the seeds in modules in there so I wouldn't need to harden them off?
    sow the seeds

in modules, so long as it's not too dark ... strip the hutch down to just it's framework, and cover with plastic. You still have to harden off ... it's the process of moving a plant from somewhere cosy to the great outdoors with all the wind and rain and cold.
    It's not complicated .. you just gradually introduce the plant to the outdoors, over a period of 7-10 days. Anyway, don't worry about hardening off until the springtime.

* you can make great use of your Search button (advanced search is great). Type in a word like "parsnip" and you'll get all sorts of useful info. You'll be on here all day
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndap View Post
      has anyone grown seeds taken from a pinapple? found seeds in my fresh pinapple and would love to have ago at germinating them.
      Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      I've grown the tops but never the seeds - give it a go, nowt to lose and let us know
      I've looked for pineapple seeds in a fresh pineapple but never found any! I'm trying to grow one from the top of one though. There's a thread on here somewhere about growing pineapples. Good luck
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
        There's a thread on here somewhere about growing pineapples.
        found with my search button : http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ple_12550.html

Comment

Originally posted by lyndap View Post
          has anyone grown seeds taken from a pinapple? found seeds in my fresh pinapple and would love to have ago at germinating them.
          would they be ripe though?
          have a go, you've nowt to lose

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X