No announcement yet.

Progress so far for novice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i usually test by sticking my finger in to the second knuckle, if it feels damp i water a little, wind usually dries out the top, unlike sun which draws the water up and out, so beware over watering.add water to the tray underneath that way it draws the roots downwards.and of course its easy to see then if they are watered enough.
    Last edited by BrideXIII; 09-11-2008, 10:24 PM.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

OK i did that earlier today and the soil feels damp, but nor over wet, so that's what i am looking for isn't it?

We can have loads of sun and combine that with wind i personally normally end up burnt. My hubby has dark skin and he goes really dark in the summer and works outside all day. The sun can be savage here, we have a hold in the ozone which isn't good.

In the morning we get the weather forecast and the "sheep chill factor" because its shearing time here this is a calculation of the sun and wind together.

Comment

yep thats what you want, and as long as they are not standing in water all the time, water them early before the sun hits them, into the tray, then they can draw up what they need, any water thats still there a couple of hours later tip away.
        you are looking for damp, not wet.
        Last edited by BrideXIII; 09-11-2008, 10:37 PM.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Oh oh oh Just pottering around before heading off to work and checked my seeds starting of in the house and there are three little beetroot shoots showing. I am soo happy, there such a pretty colour

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X