No announcement yet.

Where can I buy Oats to plant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quite fancy having a go at growing some wheat, not because I think we could grow enough to live off, but it might good for the kids to see it from sowing through to a loaf of bread? But I don't know where you can get the type of wheat which is better for bead making (higher gluten or something), or whether I should just use the type you can get for bird-seed from Wiggly Wigglers....

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
      oooooooo neil, can i have 3 please?
      3 oats? You won't even get a bowl of Reddy Brekk out of that, Lynda.

Comment

Sue - Thanks! There's so much I need to learn, it wouldn't even have occured to me to try growing peanuts lol

Demeter - Good luck with the rice! You'll have to post to say how it goes, I'd be really interested to find out. I've been looking on that website too, there's some interesting stuff there!
        http://ecoprincess.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
          I quite fancy having a go at growing some wheat, not because I think we could grow enough to live off, but it might good for the kids to see it from sowing through to a loaf of bread? But I don't know where you can get the type of wheat which is better for bead making (higher gluten or something), or whether I should just use the type you can get for bird-seed from Wiggly Wigglers....
          sarah, suffolk herbs are selling wheat....i've got some to have a try as well....just curious!.
          Finding Home

Comment

Here's a link:-

Seeds, Herbs and Bedidng Plants from Suffolk Herbs WHEAT - 200gm
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by kiwirach View Post
              sarah, suffolk herbs are selling wheat..
              I've got loads of wheat seeds in my guinea pigs dry food. They're yours if you want some
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                I've got loads of wheat seeds in my guinea pigs dry food. They're yours if you want some
                I know this was mentioned tounge in cheek,but not sure whether different types are grown for animal feed to what are grown for human consumption? If I was going to plant wheat for breadmaking etc I'd want to make sure it was the right type (durum?) as its going to be taking up space on the plot for a full year!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks TS
                  Looking at the Suffolk Herbs listing, it says sow Sept/Oct, so it looks like I've missed the boat this year , but definitely going to have a go next year

Comment

Originally posted by plantsbypost.com View Post
                    Where abouts are you and how much do you want.

Think we have about 35tonnes left in stock is that enough!

Regards

Neil
                    Are you serious Neil ??
                    l too need a very small amount of seeds...
                    l am in Kent - where are you ??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X