No announcement yet.

has anyone grown romanesque....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've decided to give them a go, loads of empty spaces in the garden, so i've bought 20 small plants off ebay to see ...... bought some seeds for next year too

Comment

I always thought they were a bit of a gimmick, having never seen them in greengrocers etc. However i was visting friends in Cannes last week and went to the market, and vitular every veg stall was selling them - and they were really popular. I tried them and thought they were delicious. i wondered if they might loose their colour, but they didn't - and stayed that lovely green colour. I'm definitely growing them this year!

Comment

I have some that i hope are about to start cropping anytime now. I planted them quite late at the beginning of August and they look to be about ready to do somin soon.

We see eh!

Wren

Comment

I grow about fifty each year and they have always done well, with the exception of this year. Some of them grew very quickly and were quite small , but I did crop them all - this was such a peculiar year, the poor plants all seemed to be confused.

Comment

Grew them but the cabbage whites ate the lot
            The law will hang the man or woman
            Who steals the goose from off the common
            But lets the greater thief go loose
            Who steals the common from the goose
            http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I got a packet of these with one of the first issues of GYO years ago?

Anyway, I'll have a look through my seedbox and let you know - you're welcome to some if I'm right. And yep - it is delishush!
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Romanesco is sometimes listed in seed catalogues as Cauliflower, Broccoli or Calabrese.
                It is the best tasting of the lot and produces a smaller head than most cauliflowers.

Comment

Have just taken on my first allotment today so have been religiously studying the seed catalogues...

Seeds, garden seeds,mail order plants, bedding plants, plug plants,seed potatoes,Dobies are selling Italian Romanesco Seeds (Celio F1). 60 seeds are £1.80, order number 43 41 37.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Grew some by accident this year (seed labels must have got mixed up - share the sowing with daughter). Heads very small, but tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by itsbruiseday View Post
                      Have just taken on my first allotment today so have been religiously studying the seed catalogues...

Seeds, garden seeds,mail order plants, bedding plants, plug plants,seed potatoes,Dobies are selling Italian Romanesco Seeds (Celio F1). 60 seeds are £1.80, order number 43 41 37.

Hope this helps!
                      Congratulations!
                      And welcome to the vine
                      Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X