No announcement yet.

Aubergine disaster

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had 2 aubergine plants in my unheated greenhouse, but other than some leaf growth absolutely nothing, and I was so looking forward to home grown aubergines. Very dissapointing, and from what I've read throughout the season on here from people who have tried several times, I think this may be one thing I'll give a miss next year.

Comment

I don't have any problems with getting nice healthy plants or getting them to flower. Never had any spider mite problems either. However, I really struggle to get any fruit to set. Is there anything I can do to help with this as have tried leaving them to their own devices, spraying, fiddling with paint brushes etc but nothing seems to work!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

How warm & sunny are your plants? I do nothing 'dodgy' with ours and given enough good weather they fruit in the unheated greenhouse border okay. But I do try and make sure the g/h doesn't drop below 20C.
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Not sure how warm they've been this year as my max / min thermometer has gone strange but they're in the same unheated greenhouse as my toms, cucs, peppers etc etc and they all do great. I do put net shading up in summer but that's to stop scortching and I have auto ventilators which open both a top window on one side and a side vent on the other. Should I be providing higher temps than for my other crops and if so, how do you manage this in a mixed greenhouse?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

got a free moneymaker aubergene plant from another gardening mag and its done well outside on the patio despite slug attack...
            i have 3 fruits growing nicely, there were more flowers but i pulled them off as i was informed 3 was a good number of fruit p/plant.
            gonna try them again next year: great looking velvety purple leaves...yet to taste the fruit though.

Comment

I had exactly the same problems as you Alison. I grew them almost identically to cutecumbers advice and have done successfully for the past 2 years. Just this year - absolutely no fruit. I bought fresh seed this year, Mr Fothergill's Black Beauty. Something different next year I think!
              Life is too short for drama & petty things!
              So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X