No announcement yet.

Courgette Quandry...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mum-in-law gets courgettes instead of flowers every time we go round, good job she likes them! My giant courgette tasted fine in the pasta sauce last night. Can't stand Hugh F.W. myself, it's after I saw him eating fried placenta ( yeuk!) on T.V. once & although I like his recipes I don't like the idea of him going out to kill what he's eating (being a semi-veggie myself).
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Must of missed one courgette when was picking and ended up with one hidden the size of medium football.Made the courgette choc cake with it....absolutley delicous.Even 3year old grandson who doesn't usually eat cake loved it and asked for more!!!.One caution though,the recipe actually made enough mixture for 2 trays full and made enough for12 not 6!!Filled 2 trays of size stated.

Comment

In my books 2 trays for the price of one = big choccie courgette bonus!!

Comment

Busy looking for courgette choc. cake recipe- sounds sort of disgusting but must taste nice if it's so popular!

Comment

Slug posted the link for it in Courgette Recipes reply #18 in Season To Taste.
            Last edited by Lesley Jay; 03-08-2006, 02:23 PM.
            [

Comment

Thanks Lesley/Slug, looks good, will try it with next batch of courgettes.

Comment

I ate my little courgettes just before going away... very tasty! I fried them in a little butter and they were very nice.

Looking forward to getting home tomorrow and seeing what treats are in store for me...!

Comment

Got back this evening to find 2 more courgettes almost ready for picking - this courgette lark is great!

Comment

Made the courgette chocolate cake yesterday! Needless to say there is only a very small piece left! Went down a treat with the grandchild who hates courgettes and was a bit iffy about putting them into the mix at all!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X