No announcement yet.

tomato, cucumber, melon etc plants prob an odd question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd get your pumpkins out ASAP HW.they need a lot of roomto grow &(apparently?),we're in for some decent weather over the next few days(according to my mum).As for melons we've tried several times with no luck~hate giving up but thimnk might give them a miss next year.
    And Lynda me Dear~Don't despair!!With all this c**p weather I think a lot of us are a bit further behind than normal,there's still time for things to pick up~I was fretting about our toms a couple of weeks ago & now can't believe what a little bit of sun has done for them.~Plant yourself up some speedy growers~radish/salad leaves~even some cress~anything to keep your spirits up & take the focus off the things that aren't growing as quick as you'd hoped for.Good Luck!x
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

"They were in my mini greenhouse - doors open (as good as outside) overnight for a while before being transplanted to the plot."

I'd be inclined to physically move them out of the greenhouse, and then back in for the night, for a week before planting them out. Not saying that was the cause, its more likely the rubbish weather, but it might help toughen them up a bit more (particularly as your plot is a bit exposed).
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
        "They were in my mini greenhouse - doors open (as good as outside) overnight for a while before being transplanted to the plot."

I'd be inclined to physically move them out of the greenhouse, and then back in for the night, for a week before planting them out. Not saying that was the cause, its more likely the rubbish weather, but it might help toughen them up a bit more (particularly as your plot is a bit exposed).
        I think you're right, and I'll do just that - next year. Too late this year. Hey ho.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X