No announcement yet.

Teacher 'thank you' box of veg

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veg is a great idea. All the teachers in my school are watching their weight, and dread finding a great big cake in the staffroom ~
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We're doing the same thing!

It's DD's last day on wednesday, and we'll be giving the head teacher (SO SO lovely) and her class teacher each 6 eggs from the chooks, some home made shortbread, some home-grown courgettes, a couple of home-grown tomatoes if they're ready in time!, and a couple of home-grown banana peppers

Hopefully it'll be more appreciated than the usual chocs and smellies!
      1 pony, 1 dog, 2 geese, 20-odd wild ducks, a friendly pheasant, chooks, 3 veg plots (in the garden), a polytunnel, 2 kids, and the OH

Am i mad?

Comment

I read this poat the other day and thought it was a great idea. Have just wrapped up a cardboard box with coloured tissue paper and ribbons, and filled it with Potatoes, beetroot, french beans, radishes, courgettes and fresh washed and spun salad!

My daughter has her last day at playschool tomorrow, so I'm sure the playschool ladies will be chuffed with it!

Comment

I think that is very thoughtful middlefield.

My kids boxes might include some runnerbeans from the sprouted seed they brought back in about Feb!

Comment

Don't remember giving our teachers anything when we were at school apart from maybe a card - didn't realise that it was something else which had escalated. Lovely ideas above but I always worry about the poor kids who haven't got parents that make or grow things and that it'll end up getting as competative as the kids party bags which (going on the one my god son brought home the other week) now cost more than the present that was taken!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X