Aubergines - no fruit yet!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alice
    You've certainly got the knack with aubs SBP. Can you put a spell on mine.
    Lol! I have an affinity with them Alice - we both like it really HOT!!!
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
      "I have removed loads of flowers"

I should wait until you have 5 or 6 fruits forming nicely, and then remove any fruits that set after that.

Just learned that today. They are in my Mum's porch and when I went to check on them today all flowers have just fell off, leaving nothing. BOO HOO HOO!!

Oh well will leave all other flowers that form on.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
        "I have removed loads of flowers"

I should wait until you have 5 or 6 fruits forming nicely, and then remove any fruits that set after that.

Just learned that today. The plant is in my Mum's porch and when I went up to check on them all flowers have fallen off leaving nothing behind BOO HOO!

Will leave all flowers that form on me thinks

Comment

I only have one plant in the greenhouse. It's just geting flowers. Do I need to polinate it by hand or will the insects do it for me( I am terrible at remembering to do it regularly)?

janeyo

Comment

"Do I need to polinate it by hand "

As far as I know: no.
            K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
              I only have one plant in the greenhouse. It's just geting flowers. Do I need to polinate it by hand or will the insects do it for me( I am terrible at remembering to do it regularly)?

janeyo
              It certainly won't do any harm. You're not supposed to need to do it with peppers but I get a much better crop after a bit of a fiddle!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Mine don't even have flowers on yet, but I am hopeful that it is just the rubbish weather and not my rubbish gardening that is slowing them down. Shall I feed them or something or just let them get on with it?
                We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
                Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X