pepper problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pepper problem

why are some of my peppers starting to go brown on the side or bottom?

I have 5 plants all with healthy good size fruit on them, but some are starting to develope a brown spot.

I have never grown then before, so not sure if doing anything wrong.

In well vented greenhouse, watered daily and fed weekly, the plants are looking really good and the peppers i am proud of (all my little babies).

So what is happening!!

lindy

i'd be interested in some info on this too, all mine have the same problem

Comment

My book says that its blossom end rot and is often a problem if they're in grow bags. It says its incorrect watering , but I'm not sure what you've done wrong or need to do.
      Last edited by blackkitty; 29-07-2006, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I would help but none of my peppers have produced any fruit. I only have one chilli on one chilli plant to show so far.

Comment

Blossom end rot is usually caused by intermittent watering which means that when the growing medium dries out the plant cannot get enough calcium. Try to water more often so that they never dry out but don't go too far the other way!

Comment

Might be blight. If you're watering daily it shouldn't be blossom end rot unless they are:
            Far too close together.

Not getting watered enough. How much are you giving them? If it's frequent but too little the roots don't plunge deep enough to gather what the plants need as they quest to the surface to drink the water which is only going in an inch or two.

Maybe the feed mix is wrong? Once they are producing fruit their needs change. What are you giving them?

Comment

In these hot dry times, I don't suppose that the culprit could be sun-scorch? Or would this be too simplistic??

valmarg

Comment

Hi, I have a lot of peppers here but have no signs of this.
                However I would say this was blossom end rot which is generally caused by irregular watering
                May be sun scorch, do you have shading on your greenhouse?
                Adam

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X