Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill Cucumbers

Help!!
    my cucumber plants are all dying, all 8 plants now seem to be affected and the cucumberlets have gone yellow and curled up. If anyone has any ideas as to what this could be and how i can treat it i would be most greatful. I've looked for insects but can't find any

Click image for larger version

Name:	cucumber.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	2387926 Click image for larger version

Name:	cucumber 2.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	2387927 Click image for larger version

Name:	cucumber 3.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	2387928

Hi,

I am a newbie to this but my cucumber plants did this too. I left them in the ground and I am now getting fruit.

They are only about 3" long so I have not tasted them yet but they look great, plants do look a little sad though.

I am sure you will get some good advice from others, Good Luck.

Mandy

Comment

Sounds & looks like heat to me xspye. Have they got really dried out at all? they need to have plenty of moisture but don't want to sit in water.

That could account for your troubles as well Mandy. My Courgettes have struggled to get established as the root ball isn't big enough to cope with the demand for water & i'm not there all day to keep them watered.
      Last edited by nick the grief; 20-07-2006, 06:10 PM.
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Hello Xspye, I hope your cucumbers are doing fine. They don't look as if they are dying to me. Plants never have perfect leaves but it doesn't seem to affect the end result. The weather has been very hot and maybe your cucumbers have got a little dry. Keep them watered and I'm sure everything will be allright. you may have lost one or two early fruits but there will be plenty more along. Do keep us posted on the outcome and get the sandwiches ready.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. i think I may have paniced I've been looking at disease books and had a horrid feeling that they had mosaic virus . I'll keep taking care of them and hopefully they will make it I will keep you posted

Comment

xspye, it could just be the heat getting to your cucumbers but if they are in a greenhouse check for red spider mite see if there are any very tiny brown spiders or fine webs under any of the leaves. The first few cucumbers often go yellow & drop off or die when tiny but the next should be O.K., some books say you should take off the first fruit that sets on them as this often happens.
            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Just checked my cucmbers, I have 3 planted in the garden and they all looked a little sad a few weeks back.

I had a baby cucumber on one a few days ago, its now 5" Yipee! Salad tonight

I hope yours are doing well too?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X