No announcement yet.

Courgettes going yellow at one end

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this might have answered a question I've been puzzling over too, my little courgette plants have been doing fine but yesterday I had a look and the leaves and flowers are going brown and dropping off. I'll try giving them a good water tonight and see if they'll perk up. I'm a bit behind the pack with these things!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Maybe this is a bad year for courgettes in some areas? I grow mine in large self-watering containers (they have a reservoir in the bottom & you top them up through a tube at the side with a float in to show the level) & they have always been fine in past years except for the odd one which has rotted at the blossom end but this year I have had a few on each plant which have developed skinny & shrivelled looking with a bit of yellow streaking & I have pulled them off. The rest are lovely as normal & taste fine.
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

this has answered my question too - my very first one looked great and then went all limp and sad looking (!) but the rest seem fine. will cut off the invalid.

Comment

Courgettes

I am new to gardening. I found that my courgettes are turning yellow on the first leaves and then die, I have tried less water, changed the compost, taken into account differing temperatures. I have gone through a whole packet of seeds. I will continue trying hopeing I can find the answer.

Comment

Whereabouts are you Peter, and what's your weather been like? Lots of us are finding the conditions very tricky indeed this year

Just in case it's not just the weather, can I ask a few questions?

Whereabouts are you planting the courgette plants? In pots or in the ground? Are you acclimatising them to the outside temperatures gradually or planting them out straight away from indoors?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X