No announcement yet.

Square Foot Gardening

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We miss you Jax, so take care and be back soon!

Comment

So many kind thoughts from my friends. I am very touched, thank you.
      The Doctors are very happy with my recovery. I have started to potter in the cool of the evening in the garden. Light watering duties is just what Mother Nature ordered for a speedy recovery.
      LJ points me in the right direction to various threads she thinks I should read, so have only been doing light duties. With three Ladies working behind the scenes to keep the Vine in tiptop shape, who needs me?
      Nick.. Are you picturing Nurse Lesley in starched white cap and .... Um perhaps I won't go there.... What with Google, Spotted dick and your sense of fun they will have to slap a 18 certificate on this thread.
      Checked out my Square foot bed today and there is loads to harvest and some things gone to seed. It’s only a small bed but it has been supplying us with fresh veg and the surplus has been going to the neighbours. Our Freezer is a little too small for blanching and storing much more than a handful of things.
      On average we are getting five to ten portions of vegetables from the bed each day. Today was two types of peas, two types of beans, carrots, turnips, red onions and parsley.

Comment

Wow Jax, So much veg from a small space! Might give it a go next year and se what I can get!

Not sure about not needing you, we miss you! Hope the pottering is helping keep spirits up etc. Nice to see you back posting, but obviously not doing too much

You'll have to give us a recap at the end of the year of what you planted in there, what worked well, what didn't etc...
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Get well soon Jaxom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X