Peas - Yellowing leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peas - Yellowing leaves

Help! – the leaves at the bottom of my peas (Feltham) are yellowing, any ideas what it is and if I can do anything?

How big and what soil? More food and water probably.

Comment

This is my 1st attempt at growing veg and I only managed to get the plot started in April this year so there was no time for manure. The soil is a mixture of topsoil and compost. What can I feed the peas with? I was told to only water when the soil is dry, is that right?

Comment

Peas like wet feet. They do fix nitrogen in the soil from the air but still they are quite a hungry crop. Try a dusting of Blood fish and bone or spray them with Maxicrop liquid seaweed tonic.

Comment

Depends on the maturity of the plants as to whether you need to do anything. My feltham first have loads of flowers and plenty of pods formed (not yet ready for picking). There are a few yellowing and withered leaves at the bottom of the plants but only a few rifgt at the bottom. I have found this to be normal. But as Paulottie says you need to keep peas and beans well watered. If they dried out at any time that will cause browning leaves.

Ian

gojilottie updated 27 May 08

Comment

JyoJyo - wherever you are, if your peas need watering I want to be there!
            Here, it's been raining nonstop all week!
            Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Tried the Maxicrop tonic last night so fingers crossed. I’m in Bolton by the way and it soggy! Thanks for the help folks.

Comment

Originally posted by JyoJyo View Post
                Tried the Maxicrop tonic last night so fingers crossed. I’m in Bolton by the way and it soggy! Thanks for the help folks.
                Guess it's not lack of water then!

You can put Bolton in your profile and then it shows up whenever you post, that way we don't have to keep asking where you are

Good luck with the peas.
                Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X